Networking is an important part of any professional’s life. It can help you meet new people, learn new things, and build important relationships. But networking can also be intimidating and overwhelming. How do you make the most of your networking opportunities?
One article at https://www.apollotechnical.com/networking-statistics/ mentions the following
Networking is the most successful way of finding a meaningful job and attaining career success. 80% of professionals find networking essential to their career success, almost 100% believe that face-to-face meetings build stronger long-term relationships, and 41% want to network more often.
Here are some Keys that would help one enhance their network and so their "net-worth". Read on:
1. Do your homework. Before you go to a networking event, research the people who will be there. See if you have any mutual connections on LinkedIn, read their bios, and see what they’ve been tweeting about recently. This will help you have more meaningful conversations.
2. Prepare your elevator pitch. You never know when you’re going to meet someone who could be helpful to your career. So, it’s important to have a 30-second pitch ready to go. This is a brief summary of who you are, what you do, and what you’re looking for. Practice it ahead of time so you sound confident and polished.
3. Dress for success. First impressions matter, so make sure you look your best. Wear clothing that is appropriate for the event and that makes you feel confident.
4. Be a good listener. Networking is not just about talking about yourself. It’s also about listening to others and building relationships. So, make sure you ask people about themselves and really listen to their answers.
5. Follow up. After you meet someone, be sure to send them a LinkedIn request or an email. This is a great way to stay in touch and build a relationship.
By using these keys, you’ll be sure to make the most of your networking opportunities.